Saturday, November 17, 2012

a working woman

Seriously, can you believe this gorgeousness? It's like a flippin snow globe!
Tonight was one of those nights. I got home at 6:30 on a Friday when my sweet boy's bedtime is 6:30. Today was my first "official" day back to work after my maternity leave.

I really enjoy my work, but seeing my little boy's face light up when he sees me is the sweetest thing I could ever ask for. I also tend to be someone who gets swept away by a challenge. I have a hard time backing down from projects, and as the only "person" in my "department" there are about a million and one projects that I could take on. I have a new appreciation for working and single mothers. Nothing is more heart wrenching than leaving your baby.

I guess that the morale of the story is that life is "just one big balancing act" where the only real challenge is how we will choose to prioritize. But as my mother will often reminded me, "the only people with these kinds of problems are the people with these kind of blessing." Oh mom. You are so wise.

Even so, that didn't stop me snuggling with my little guy for an extra hour past his bedtime. We'll get there.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

I know exactly how you're feeling! I just returned to work a couple of weeks ago from maternity leave. Your mom's words are so powerful and so true! I think I needed to read them!

Sarah said...

So good to see you last night! Hang in there, I'm sure your the best mom ever!