Thursday, May 22, 2014

lipsticks... splurge vs save


When I was contacted by Credit Card Insider to participate in their Splurge vs Save campaign, I knew right away what I wanted to feature.

Anyone who knows me knows that I'm a big fan of lipsticks. As a blogger & a photographer, I know the power a little color on the lips can do, especially in pictures.

When buying lipsticks, there are more options out there that could be realistically listed anywhere ranging from the super high end, to your cheaper drug store versions.

Generally speaking I myself might recommend buying the fancy brand for some of those staple colors that you know will always be in season, but 90% of the time, especially for colors that come in and out each season, I'll op for the more wallet friendly version. And while there may be some quality between brands, for the most part, I have been pretty impressed with the drugstore versions. Most of those big drugstore names spend a significant wad of cash of scientist and teams whose entire job it is to improve the quality of the product.

Some of my favorite drugstore versions include NYX, Cover Girl, and even Wet & Wild when I'm looking for a really pigmented color. Whenever I've find a color I just have to have in a pricier brand, I've always been able to find a close match in my drugstore standbys.

So next time you are in the market for a new lipcolor, give a drugstore version a try!

1. Laura Mercier $27   | 2. Yves Saint Laurent: $35 | 3. Clarins $32  | 4. Yves Saint Laurent $46
1. Revlon $7 | 2. NYX $4 | 3. Revlon $7 |  4. L'Oreal $8.50

No comments: